Dental veneers in Budapest, Hungary
If your teeth are healthy but do not look the way you want them and you want to reshape them with the least loss of tooth material, getting dental veneers in Budapest, Hungary will be the best solution for you.
Veneers will also solve your problem if you are not satisfied with the color of your front teeth and teeth whitening does not improve the appearance of your teeth. Getting veneers in Budapest, Hungary can
Entry into Hungary is possible for dental care during the Covid period too. Our staff arranges all paperwork for you for the entry permit to Hungary.
Veneers in Hungary
A veneer is a very thin layer of porcelain or composite that covers the front part of your front tooth. They are like fake fingernails fitted over your nails.
Dental professionals use veneers in many cases when orthodontics (braces) can not be applied to close inter-dental space or would last too long to achieve desired results. This is also a solution to compensate for a little bit broken or chipped front tooth or in case a tooth is not completely in line with your other front teeth.
In addition, if your teeth got discolored or stained due to medications or coffee consumption, veneers can restore the natural white color of your teeth if bleaching was not effective.
All broken and chipped teeth need to be treated not only for aesthetic reasons, but also because all minor dental problems may lead to bigger ones without appropriate treatment.
If your teeth are worn or you grind your teeth while sleeping then you can not have veneers so you will be recommended stronger and more durable solutions like crowns.
It takes a dental consultation to determine if you are suitable for veneers or you need other types of cosmetic dental treatments. The advantage of veneers is that only a very thin layer of tooth enamel must be removed and after preparation a special glue is needed to keep them in place.
Get your dental veneers in Budapest
If you are a dental tourism patient then this treatment can be performed in a 3-5 day visit to Budapest, depending on the number of teeth that need veneers.
Treatment itself is very gentle. Many times, patients don’t need local anesthesia since this treatment does not require drilling or root canal.
Hungary veneers – how it works
If you have decided to get your veneers in Hungary, your dentist will remove a very thin layer of the enamel during the first appointment. Then your dentist takes impression of the teeth treated.
Then you choose the preferred color of your veneers using a shade guide.
After the first appointment it is highly likely that you do not need to wear temporary veneers because your teeth will look the same as they were before treatment. The only difference can be that they are less shiny and smooth.
Now the dental lab prepares your veneers, and during the second appointment your dentist will glue or cement them to place.
To make your veneers last as long as possible, you have to maintain the same oral hygiene as before and shouldn’t chew and bite extra hard things like nuts with front teeth.
Veneers are metal free and do not get discolored and scratched. Tiny chips can be fixed, but after a while they need to be changed for your perfect smile.
If you want to get your dental veneers in Hungary, get a quick quote here.
Two types of dental veneers available at our Budapest clinic
Visit our dental clinic in Budapest where two types of dental veneers are available for our patients: zirconium veneers and E-max veneers.
Direct composite veneers
Direct composite veneers are of the same material as white aesthetic composite fillings.
This type of veneers is cheaper and more affordable and perfect for cases where little cracks must be covered. The veneers not only cover the damaged part of your front teeth, but they also protect the rest of your front teeth.
The downside of composite veneers is that they are not so long-lasting, probably you will need a replacement more often. That’s why our dental clinic in Budapest offers zirconium and E-max veneers. Currently composite veneers are not available at the clinic.
You can read more about composite veneers vs porcelain veneers here.
Zirconium veneers are also a perfect choice for aesthetic dentistry.
It is essentially the same as the e-Max veneers, so the dental lab prepares it after taking impression, but the ceramic cover is placed on a zirconium frame.
Professionals recommend Zirconium veneers when front teeth are darker as this material does not let light go through it.
E-max veneers are all porcelain veneers.
The quality and durability of them are second to none. They are very popular as they can make a complete match to your existing teeth and it is nearly impossible to differentiate them from your own teeth.
Another significant advantage is that since it is a very high quality material, less tooth material has to be removed from the tooth during preparation. Therefore, dental professionals use them in cases where there is only problem with the shade of the colour or the shape of the tooth.
E-max veneers are slightly more durable than a zircon veneer.
If you want to make your teeth more aesthetic with veneers, please, send us some good quality pics of your front teeth to this email:firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make you a quotation.
Should I choose porcelain veneers or crowns for my new smile?
Should you get porcelain veneers or crowns?
Patients who want a new smile usually prefer porcelain veneers to porcelain crowns because it takes less preparation and tooth material loss.
Getting veneers is a less invasive intervention this is why it is more and more popular.
However, it is not always possible to have a new smile with veneers. Let’s see when veneers can be the solution.
Please, note, as each case is unique, your dentist will recommend you the ideal solution after a medical examination.
You are a good candidate for veneers in the following cases:
- Teeth are not strongly discolored. As veneers are very thin, they can not completely cover a darker color of your front teeth.
- There are only small or tiny fillings in your teeth. Fillings shrink as time is passing by and this process might generate tension in the fixing of veneers after years.
- There is sufficient healthy enamel on your teeth. It is important as dentists can only stick veneers to tooth enamel.
- If you only want to cover the front (visible) part of your teeth since veneers do not cover your whole teeth.
- You want to close tiny gaps between teeth.
- Your tooth is not root canal treated, yet.
- You do not grind your teeth.
- There is no crown on the tooth, yet, as veneers can only be fixed to enamel.
- Minor misalignment of the front teeth must be corrected.
- Good news that veneers and crowns can be combined, however not on the same tooth. Porcelain crowns and veneers can be combined because they are made from the same ceramic raw material. That is, if someone has 1-2 root canal treated teeth then these teeth should be crowned, but the adjacent healthy teeth can have veneers and no one will see the difference.
Here, you can read about cases when you need porcelain crowns rather than veneers.
How to take care of your dental veneers
After your veneers have been fitted, you may experience sensitivity to hot and cold for a couple of days, but it will quickly go away.
If you take proper care of your veneers, they will last longer. Indirect veneers last 10-15 years and direct veneers last less, around 5-7 years.
After a while they must be changed as they break or get chipped or worn. Veneers are not likely to fall off, crack or get chipped, but it is better to avoid biting your nails or chewing hard objects like pens or pencils.
Also, it is not recommended to chew with your front teeth. If you do dangerous sports, where your front teeth can be hit, your dental professional will recommend wearing mouth guards.
Veneers Hungary – Information on conserving dental veneers
During the consultation in Hungary, your therapist informs you on the given intervention in details. We aim to refresh what has been heard and summarize the answers of the most frequent questions.
- In case the front teeth are tarnished and greyish, and bleaching is not efficient (e.g. acquired tetracycline disease)
- In case the shape of front teeth is not appropriate.
- In case of connatal teratism dental enamel and dentin (enamel and dentin hypoplasia).
- In case of state abnormality of front parts that may not be regulated with dental care or the patient does not wish it to be regulated.
- In case of diastema of front teeth.
- In case the patient is not satisfied with his/her smile.
- In case a part of front tooth has broken off and it is not suggested to repair with filling.
One may decide at previous smile-design which teeth need veneers. The color and even the shape of incisors, canines and premolars may be modified with bonding veneers.
During treatment, 0.6-0.7 mm from external surface and 1.5 mm from edge surface are eliminated. Impression is made from prepared teeth that provides the base of veneers carried out by dental technician.
For the perfect occlusion of upper and lower arch, we need antagonist, namely the opposite arch of the prepared teeth, impression. At the first treatment, the prepared dental surface is covered by temporary veneers. The color of veneers is decided at impression-taking.
Dental technique works require approximately 3-5 days. Waiting period may be reduced upon paying urgency charge. During previous smile-design, one may precisely decide on the shape, size, and location of teeth. Veneers are made of composite or of ceramics.
Temporary veneers are made of composite based material or composite material and are attached to prepared tooth surface immediately after grinding. These temporary veneers are used chiefly due to aesthetic reasons. Chewing and biting functions are of lower intensity.
Subsequent to treatment
- Teeth may be sensitive to cold or warm. This is a natural accompanist of treatment. (In case of severe pain, we kindly ask you to consult your dentist).
- Temporary veneers may slide off due to significant dynamic effect.
- The surface of temporary veneers may be raspier than the surface of regular teeth.
- The gum or the location of injection may be sensitive subsequent to treatment.
Subsequent to attaching
- Teeth may be sensitive to warm and cold for a few weeks.
- Certain parts may impede the perfect occlusion.
- Gluing material remains on the surface.
- Temporary veneers may fall off due to mechanical effects (clashing of teeth, bite, teeth gritting).
- Due to the impact of treatment, dental pulp inflames and tooth requires root canal treatment.
- In very rare occasions, the attached veneer may fall off. This may be caused by nocturnal teeth gritting or incorrect biting.
Attaching veneers is carried out 3-5 days later, normally under anesthesia.
- After attaching veneers, new material and new shape is inserted in mouth. Both lips and tongue shall get used to the new conditions. During accustoming, one may consider teeth smaller or bigger than their original size is.
- Muscle tones of lips shall accustom to new teeth, too. The sliding of upper and lower lips on tooth surface may be unusual when laughing or talking.
- The modified air flow during talking and phonation may be atypical for a few days or perhaps for a week.
- One may encounter sensitivity to cold or warm after the attaching. It ceases within a few days, however, in certain cases a few weeks.
Warranty may be claimed for breaking and cracking of veneers that is not caused by accident, psychic or acquired bruxism or new hobby (e.g. taking up piping etc.). The warranty lasts for two years and may be claimed when patient participates in the half-year follow-up examination and the dental hygienic consultation.
Warranty may not be claimed:
- upon aesthetic consideration (e.g. one desires other shaped tooth of different color)
- in case of decaying of tooth
- in case patient does not participate in the half-year follow-up examination and the dental hygienic consultation.
Home care and cleaning
It is inevitable to take a proper care of teeth. Regular use of adequate tooth brush, tooth paste and dental floss is required. Cleaning of teeth is carried out in compliance with the advice and guide of dental hygienist (dental hygienic consultation).
Some facts about veneers
- Did you know that the aesthetic composite veneer is usually applied to the front teeth? This is because they are very thin and in most cases they are for covering up tiny aesthetic differences or treat minor defects.
- Did you know that conventional veneers are already used in such cases when a dental crown is not necessary, yet?
- Did you know that veneers can also be made of resin, and it is put layer by layer on the tooth or teeth?
- Did you know that the color of veneers is the same as the surrounding teeth, so they are invisible?
- Did you know that conventional veneers are most often used to treat broken or chipped teeth?
Veneers Hungary prices – Low cost dental veneers, full set of veneers
As prices may vary based on individual cases, please contact us to get a quick quote about dental veneer prices in Hungary.