Dental treatment in Hungary
If you are looking for the best quality treatment in Budapest and you would like to save up to 70% of costs compared to Great Britain, Ireland, USA or Canada prices, we are inviting you to visit our dental office in Budapest, Europe’s top city providing the highest quality and most affordable treatments for everyone.
Visit Budapest for your better smile!
Most of the dental work carried out at our dental in Budapest is advanced treatments such as crowns, bridges, veneers and larger reconstructions involving dental implants.
As a consequence of it prospective patients’, who are thinking about treatment in Budapest, most feared difficulties are the quality of dental work and after care.
It is no wonder, would-be patients take a leap into the unknown and risk that their expectations will not be met. Do your research and minimize the potential risks.
Advantages of getting dental treatment in Budapest in a nutshell:
- World class treatment at discounted dental rates by professional dentists and oral surgeons in Budapest.
- Possibility to ask for tax relief based on the invoice of your dental treatment in Hungary.
- Holiday in a European city in between the breaks of treatment.
- Additional services from your dental practice such as: transfer, accommodation at a discounted price at the partner hotels.
- Organization of your free time activities in Budapest.
What do we recommend you to check before making a decision about getting treated abroad?
It is good to know how you are supported apart from dental treatment itself.
Try to get some first-hand experience from patients who were treated by the clinic you want to choose.
And last but not least listen to your gut feelings.
What is the process before your dental treatment in Budapest begins?
1. Please, visit your local dentist or an imaging centre and get a digital panoramic x-ray done. If you do not have the x-ray digitally, then, please stick the x-ray on a window with some back light (lamp or sun) and take a pic of it. If you have the x-ray or a treatment plan from your local dentist, please, forward it with no prices as an email attachment so that we could make you a quote like-for-like. If you have no x-ray or quotation, then, please, fill in the quick quote form and let us know in detail what treatment you are after. If you have no x-ray or a quotation from your dentist some good quality pics of your teeth and gums will also do for making a rough estimation. Pics are also needed in addition to the x-ray if you need treatment to the front teeth for aesthetic reasons. If you have no a panoramic x-ray yet, we can help you get one free of charge at your local dentist or imaging center. Click here to know more about free panoramic x-ray possibility in your home country. If you happen to be in Budapest, please, contact us and we book you a free, no obligation consultation. It is also possible to book a free appointment for consultation weeks in advance.
2. Following the first step our dentists in Budapest will prepare you more than one quotations, so whatever your budget is you will find an option that suits you best.
3. In the decision making process feel free to ask as many questions as you want. At this stage you can contact former patients who already went through the same treatment and you can talk to your would-be dentists in Budapest on the phone. He will explain to you everything in detail about your proposed care.
4. If you made a “go” decision then please, harmonize your preferred date with us. It is very important that please, never book your flights without our confirmation. After your flights are booked then we schedule your appointments as soon as possible. The schedule of appointments might change for some unforeseen reasons, but it will never have an impact of your flights booked. We can assist you in booking your hotel at our partner hotels/apartments below retail prices. But if you want to book your hotel on your own it is also ok. with us. We will need your flight numbers and hotel address so that free hotel-airport transfers can be arranged.
5., Upon arrival a chauffeur will pick you up at the airport and based on your schedule will take you either to the hotel or the clinic or the imaging centre for a 3D scan.
6., During your stay in Budapest you will have some days to enjoy the beautiful sights of our beloved Budapest between appointments. Upon request we can recommend you sights and events worth visiting.
7., You can pay by cash, or credit card or you can bank transfer the cost of your care in advance. For more, please, click here.
8., Do not forget to have MED2 (Irish patients) form or any other documents you need filled out for tax relief. For full details regarding tax relief on dental treatments in Hungary, please contact your local tax office.
9. And last but not least in order to have a confident smile as long as possible, practice good oral hygiene.
Why do Brits and Irishmen come to Budapest for dental treatment?
As the price of a full mouth restoration and any other cosmetic treatments are getting higher and higher in Western Europe more and more people are trying to find a less expensive solution for their problems. Hungary is an ideal solution because the reputation of dentsits in Budapest is very high and thousands of smiles are restored there annually.
Budapest Top Dental offers dental cares in Budapest at a 30-70% cheaper price than the rates charged in Ireland or the UK. Guarantee conditions are as good as they are in your own country if not better. For example for dental implants lifetime guarantee is provided. If guarantee treatments are needed all costs are met by the clinics, including flights and accommodation as well. The dentists and oral surgeons carry out all treatments with the latest dental equipment in Budapest.
Before your dental journey begins to our clinic you get all details about it from the cordinator and all of your questions will be answered. You can even talk to your dentist on the phone if you wish. Before and during your dental trip to Budapest you are provided you with personalized support. The staff assists you in organizing your trip including your hotel reservation and booking of flight tickets and offers you airport-hotel transport for free of charge. Plus if you wish we support you in organizing your free time activity in Budapest or even in the whole country if you wish in between the gaps of treatment.
An important issue about dental tourism to Budapest
How long do you need to be away from home in the case of dental treatment in Budapest?
Usually patients worry about the length of period and the number of visits to Budapest before treatment which is totally understandable. They also want to know all possibilities about accommodation, transfers and getting around. Thanks to loads of low-cost flight companies you can travel cheap to Hungary. Hotels, public transport are cheap and well managed, so you really have nothing to worry about.
How long should dental tourism patients stay in Budapest?
The length and number of visits depend on the specific dental treatment you get. In your quote you will see this information relating your treatment.
Dental treatments that take a single visit to Budapest
If one needs simple treatments such as tooth extractions, teeth whitening, fillings, veneers inlays/onlays, crowns, it is enough to come to Budapest for a single 1-5 day visit.
Dental treatments that take several visits to Budapest
If the patient requires a complex dental care, such as sinus lift, bone grafting and placement of implants, one will need several visits.
The first visit takes 2-3 days. In many cases sinus lift and bone grafting is performed right before the screws will be placed in the jaw.
In some cases, you may need a healing time of three-six months before your implants are placed after sinus lift and bone grafting. Your dentist will tell you how many visits and how long healing times are needed for this treatment, based on a panoramic x-ray and a 3D Scan. Stitch removal does not need as our clinic uses absorbable ones. However if for some reasons stitches should be still removed it can be done in a 1 minute procedure at your local dentist.
At the second visit after a 3-6 month healing time, your dentist will place the healing screws and abutments in the implant and finally fits your crowns.
Healing and treatment periods are only for information
Exact personalized information about it is provided in your quotation. As per a panoramic x-ray and a 3D Scan we prepare a quotation for all dental tourism patients before traveling to Budapest. We specify how long each visit will be in Budapest and how many times the patient must come for treatment.
Do you want a new beautiful smile at a reasonable price? Ask for a quote and a member of the customer service team will get back to you with a treatment plan and a quote with all the information you need to know about being treated in Budapest.
Why get your dental treatment in Hungary?
Some facts about dental tourism in Budapest
There are some countries in Europe that specialize in dental tourism. Among these European countries by far the most patients receive dental treatment in Hungary. Dental tourism patients to Budapest (Hungary) nearly covers 50% of people seeking dental treatment in Europe.
Dental tourism to Budapest is among those few industries that even grew during the big economical crisis. The number of medical tourism patients grow worldwide by 13-16% annually.
Dental tourism is a real industry in Hungary. Not all Budapest dental practices are capable of providing dental treatments to patients from abroad because it takes big investments and continuous improvement. There are around 80 dental clinics in Budapest that treat foreign patients and 200 in the country. These dental practices operate 2 – 10 dental chairs and employ ~800 professional dentists and oral surgeons plus 5.000 supplementary staff who work as dental assistants, dental hygienists, dental technicians, receptionists and customer service representatives.
In Hungary there are ~5.500 dentists who are registered and work as dentists.
There are around 60.000 dental patients who come for treatment to Hungary from Europe annually. Most of them seek dental treatment in Budapest from English, French and German speaking countries. A patient spends 5-8 days on average in Hungary for treatment. This length of time usually takes two visits to Budapest. During this short period of time such complex dental treatments are carried out in high quality in our Budapest dental that might take months and cost 40-70% more in Ireland.
So if you want to receive a world class quality dental treatment choose Budapest Top Dental.
Patients travel thousands of miles to get their teeth fixed in Hungary
How did it begin? – A little history about dental toursim to Hungary
How did it begin? – A little history about dental tourism to Hungary
After the second world war Austrian patients came to Hungary for dental treatment as prices were low but of high quality. It has not been dental tourism to Hungary, yet as only patinets came driving an hour or less, or even by bike for treatment. They came for an appointment and then went home. After a while this cross the border dental industry began to grow as good news spread about the high quality and low cost of dental treatment in Hungary. First patients in the 1980s came from all over Austria and then from german speaking countries. As dental prices are very high in all over western Europe French and English speaking patients come by the thousands annually for treatment to Budapest by the 2000s. Dental patients from abroad were treated at the beginning in one dental chair surgeries but as demand grew dental clinics grew as well. Now there are a lot of dental clinics operating 2-10 dental chairs in Budapest and at the western border of Hungary specializing in treating foreign patients. But due to the wide spread of low cost airlines the centre of dental tourism is Budapest in Hungary.
If you do not want to take out a loan on dental treatment, get your teeth treated in Budapest – an investment that is more than worthwhile
More than 40% of European dental tourism patients come to Budapest for dental treatment. Since dental treatment is the most expensive in Europe in the UK around 50.000 patients seek treatment abroad and the majority of them prefers Budapest for treatment. English people come to Budapest because in the UK it is very hard to get dental services from NHS as dental practices terminate contracts with NHS. This is why you can practically get your teeth fixed at private practices at extremely high rates around in 80% of the UK. Surveys show that shocking fact that 6% of UK population had to treat themselves such as extracting teeth with pliers or sticking a broken crown with supers strong glue. They are forced to do it as private dental rates are prohibitively high for them in the UK.
Since dental prices are very high in Ireland and HSE services are only limited and approval process can be long for medical card holders Irish people also prefer Budapest for dental treatment. Anyway Irish people make the second largest number visiting Budapest for dental treatment.
Those who choose Budapest for dental treatment make a good decision as dental clinics are very well eqiuped here. Dentists receive a comprehensive training here and education time is the longest here in Europe and quality of dental work is first class. Usually middle class people come to Budapest for treatment from the UK and France. Wealthy people get their teeth done in their home countries at high dental rates but middle class people put treatment and holiday together and return home with a brand new smile saving thousands on treatment.
Some statistics show that it is worth flying from the USA to Budapest as dental treatments are 30-40% cheaper here than in Mexico.