In our guide, we’ll go through the dental implantation procedure step by step and briefly explain what will happen during the process.
What is tooth replacement?
Tooth replacement means that your dental or oral surgeon replaces your missing tooth with an artificial one.
The most common tooth replacement options are the following:
- Dental implants: dental implants are implanted into your jaw, and it replaces the root portion of your missing tooth. They provide support for the artificial tooth, which can be a crown, dental bridge, or denture.
- Dental crowns: these are permanent caps. Your dentist will place them on damaged teeth to cover them.
- Dentures: it is a removeable replacement for your missing teeth as well as the surrounding tissues.
The best long-term tooth replacement options are dental implants as they behave exactly like your original teeth.
Dental implantation procedure steps
Consultation and assessment
For the very first time, a consultation combined with a condition assessment takes place. Your dentist will evaluate if you are a good candidate for dental implants. After that you get all the information about the intervention.
What makes you an ideal candidate for dental implants?
- Healthy gums are crucial
- Sufficient bone density (otherwise a bone graft is necessary)
- Good oral health and hygiene
- No active periodontal disease
Your dentist takes various X-rays and CT images. With the help of these, we examine the quality and quantity of bone at the planned location of the dental implant, as well as the distance between the planned implant and the natural teeth. We’ll also assess if you need bone grafting.
Dental implant and temporary solution
Then you will get your dental implant and a temporary solution to restore speach and chewing abilities. We recommend over the counter pain relievers during the first few days after the intervention.
For most patients, the healing period lasts several months.
Abutment and dental crown
When your jaw has completely healed, the dentist will remove the temporary solution. They will attach an abutment to the implant and place the permanent dental crown. You will get detailed instructions when it comes to dental care and oral health so that your dental implant will be long-lasting.
Types of dental implant procedures
As mentioned earlier, your personalized treatment plan depends on your specific condition. Once it’s assessed, the plan may include the following types of dental implant procedures:
- Single tooth dental implants: if you are missing a single tooth, you will need a single tooth dental implant. It replaces your entire tooth and doesn’t affect the adjacent teeth.
- Multiple dental implants: if you have more teeth missing, you will need multiple dental implants. Again, your teeth don’t need support from the adjacent teeth.
- Full mouth dental implants: if you have lost most of your teeth, you will need a full mouth restoration. They can replace the teeth in one jaw or both jaws.
- Sinus augmentation: if patients don’t replace their missing teeth soon enough, they experience a loss of bone quality and quantity. Sinus augmentation or sinus lift will correct this problem so the upper jaw can accommodate dental implants.
Are permanent teeth implants really worth it?
If your natural tooth couldn’t be saved, having permanent teeth implants (dental implants) is your best option.
Dental implants are very durable, with good oral care they can last for a lifetime. Getting tooth replacement is quite costly these days, so implants are the best solutions if you are looking for a long-term solution.
Furthermore, dental implants are high-functional that look and feel like your own teeth. They are permanent once they are fused with your jawbone.
There is no more discomfort, no more problems while speaking, they are extremely convenient.
It’s not surprising that dental implants are the most expensive options regarding tooth replacement. However, they are worth it.
If you think that you would like to save on your dental implants, contact Budapest Top Dental here where you can save up to 70% on your dental costs.
In case you have any further questions, send an email to our dental clinic in Hungary. We will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Ready to Transform Your Smile? Get our free PDF guide now to the best and most affordable dental implants in Hungary!